FREE SHIPPING OVER $50
You wouldn't use make-up that contained potentially harmful ingredients, so why use deodorants that might?
There is a strong debate on the potentially harmful nature of Aluminum and for many that discussion is a strong enough reason to ditch anti-perspirants, where Aluminum is used to clog pores and prevent sweating.
What's the alternative? There is a more common trend towards more natural deodorants that are Aluminum free and allow your body to sweat.
EMBRACE ALUMINUM FREE: 5 POINTS ON WHY SWEATING IS GOOD FOR YOUR BODY.
For many of us, we avoid sweating and we also make a great effort to conceal it. Fact: Sweating is healthy for you, and it doesn’t just have to be from an intense workout. In fact, there are science-backed reasons why sweating is beneficial to your health. Our skin, which is the largest organ, is essentially our third kidney. Sweat glands help our skin filter toxins out of the body, which in turn boosts our immune system. Though sweating is often under-appreciated, it’s important to know why we do it..
1. Detox of heavy metals and Chemicals One of the best ways to detox your body is through a good sweat! Through sweat, we also release various compounds including salts, alcohol, cholesterol and other toxins the elimination of salt from the body can help prevent kidney stones from forming
2. Immunity The skin is considered a vital part of the immune system, which makes sense considering it's often the first line of defense against everything you come in contact with each day. Additionally, human sweat contains a natural germ-killing protein called dermcidin, which can protect again strains of germs that cause diseases like MRSA and tuberculosis.
3. Bacterial Cleansing The pores on our skin open up and allow for a protective barrier to form against pathogens, thus reducing bacteria on the skin. This can benefit many skin problems such as acne.
4. Improves Skin Health Your skin, the largest organ in your body, is covered in thousands of pores and is the way sweat rises to the surface from the glands below. When sweating, pores open up and oils, particles and toxins that have been trapped are released. Our skin releases toxins such as alcohol and waste products, which helps our body detoxify.
5. Cooling the body Sweating is how your body cools itself. When your internal temperature rises, your sweat glands release water to the surface of your skin. As the sweat evaporates, it cools your skin and your blood beneath your skin.
While the debate over Aluminum continues there is a move to Aluminum Free deodorants like our environmentally sustainable ONE OH ONE Deodorant